Reed’s Bridge Battlefield Preservation Society
Illustrated Panel Dedication
The Reed’s Bridge Battlefield Preservation Society announces the dedication of 3 new historical panels on Sunday February 6th at 1:00pm. The panels, designed by Steve Shore, will depict three (3) events related to the Civil War Battle of Reed’s Bridge. The event is free and the public is invited to attend.
Who: Free and open to the public
When: Sunday February 6th at 1:00pm
Where: Reed’s Bridge Site at the boat ramp off of Lake Shore Drive (see directions below) Hwy 161, Jacksonville AR
What: Reed’s Bridge Panel Dedication
• Panel 1…Lea’s troops escape from Tricky Hill
• Panel 2…Thirsty Union troops desperately seek water from Bayou Meto while under Confederate sniper fire
• Panel 3…Dick Collins scouts for the Confederate Artillery
Directions: From 67/167 take the Jacksonville Main St. exit and turn east on Main St.
• Go approx 5 blocks to stop light at the intersection of Main St, James St. and Dupree St.
• There will be two (2) streets on the right (James St. and Dupree St.)
• Take the 2nd right (Dupree St.)
• Cont. on the road as Dupree St. becomes First St.
• Go under railroad Trestle
• Cont. on road as First St. becomes Hwy 161
• Cont. thru one stop light intersection at Trickey Lane
• Proceed on Hwy 161, cross over bridge and GO PAST the Reed’s Bridge Homestead which on the left
• Turn right on Lakeshore Drive which turns into Western Ave proceed to parking lot at boat ramp
This project is supported in part by a grant from the Arkansas Humanities Council,
the Department of Arkansas Heritage and the City of Jacksonville.