Reed’s Bridge Event
When/Where: Sunday February 6th
10:30 filming at the Reed’s Bridge Battlefield /7 Acres Homestead / Hwy 161, Jacksonville AR
1:00pm panel dedication at boat ramp off of Lake Shore Drive (see directions below)
What: 10:00am filming of re-enactors
1:00pm Reed’s Bridge Panel Dedication
- Panel 1…Lea’s troops escape from Tricky Hill
- Panel 2…Thirsty Union troops desperately seek water from Bayou Meto while under Confederate sniper fire
- Panel 3…Dick Collins scouts for the Confederate Artillery
Directions: From 67/167 take the Jacksonville Main St. exit and turn east on Main St.
- · Go approx 5 blocks to stop light at the intersection of Main St, James St. andDupree St.
- · There will be two (2) streets on the right (James St. and Dupree St.)
- · Take the 2nd right (Dupree St.)
- · Cont. on the road as Dupree St. becomes First St.
- · Go under railroad Trestle
- · Cont. on road as First St. becomes Hwy 161
- · Cont. thru one stop light intersection at Trickey Lane
- · Proceed on Hwy 161, cross over bridge Reed’s Bridge Battlefield / 7 AcresHomestead on the left
- · For Panel Dedication go past Reed’s Bridge Battlefield and turn right onLakeshore Drive which turns into Western Ave proceed to parking lot at boat ramp
Panel project is supported in part by a grant from the Arkansas Humanities Council,
the Department of Arkansas Heritage and the City of Jacksonville.
For more information contact Ann Hooper at (501) 831-8472 or DannaKay Duggar (501) 241-1943
Re-enactors contact Steve Shore at (501) 749-3114