Adopt a Confederate soldier at historic
Mount Holly Cemetery
FACT: Mount Holly Cemetery is the final resting place of 189 Confederate Veterans. More than a dozen tombstones are being ordered through the Veterans Affairs Memorial Office in an effort to ensure that each Veteran has a marker. However, while conducting a recent census of the graves of these soldiers, it was discovered that only a few of the grave sites have the benefit of an iron Southern Cross of Honor placed upon their grave.
PURPOSE: We have an immediate need for 166 iron Southern Crosses of Honor to be placed on the graves of the Confederate dead.
VISION: The General T. J. Churchill Chapter, United Daughters of the Confederacy has initiated an ADOPT A COFEDERATE SOLDIER AT MOUNT HOLLY program in an effort to purchase and install the Southern Cross of Honor on the graves of identified Confederate soldiers.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS: Your 100% tax deductible donation in the amount of $100.00 will enable you to adopt a Confederate Soldier who is buried beneath the soil of historic Mount Holly Cemetery.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE FOR YOUR $100.00:
• Tax deductible letter for your generous donation of $100.00
• Installation of the Southern Cross of Honor at gravesite
• Certificate, suitable for framing, with the name of your adopted Confederate soldier
• Fact sheet of personal information to include birth, death dates, Confederate service information, and copy of the printed obituary (when available)
• Exact address of the grave site, providing donor with a sense of ownership for this soldier.
• Invitation to dedication service at Mount Holly Cemetery, by Churchill Chapter UDC
To adopt a soldier, make checks payable to Gen. T. J. Churchill Chapter, UDC in the amount of $100.00 per adoption. Please mail to:
Kay Tatum, President For more information:
1010 So. Scott Street firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Rock, AR 72202-3824